Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Eve


As Christmas Day approached faster and faster I found myself not quite in the "Christmas Spirit" I wanted to be.  I think with all the hustle and bustle of getting things together and interacting with shoppers who don't have pleasant smiles or a simple Merry Christmas, I just wanted to throw in the towel, stay home and say BAH HUMBUG to the whole day.  Once all my last minute shopping, wrapping and household preparations were complete and I was able to take a moment to enjoy my Christmas tree glowing brightly and watch a movie I was back in the "spirit"...I also had to remind myself what Christmas is really about. 

Christmas Eve day/evening really helped make this a great one.  We went to my mom's house for a very relaxing day, mom made our favorite family meal....Cincinnati spaghetti, we opened gifts, everyone helped Tarin set up her Zhu Zhu pets, played euchre and then went to Whispering Christmas.  My best friends Kim and Laura (who was in from NC) was able to join us.  Having my family and friends with us made it that much more memorable.  It was nice that the park wasn't packed either.  Tarin was able to go right up, with a little hesitation to talk to Santa again.  It was just what I needed to get the Christmas Spirit back.










Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale

No comments: