Monday, April 19, 2010

Let's Ride

Learning to ride a bike has been frustrating for Tarin.  On April 11, 2010 she was determined to become a master!  She spent the afternoon riding her scooter around, she came up to me with a sad look and said "I wish I had something else to ride."  I looked at her bike and replied "well if you want me to take the training wheels off your bike and practice, I can."  She thought about it for a minute and said "OK! If I can keep my balance on the scooter, I can do it on my bike!" I was shocked, balancing is what she was mostly concerned about! She has been so afraid of falling. Little did either one of us know it  would only take her a few minutes and she was off.  I of course stood in the road and praised her through my tears!  Once she was comfortable, we went for a ride around the island.  I don't know who was more excited...


Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein

No comments: