Thursday, April 15, 2010

Squirrel Magnolias



Early this week while we were doing some yard work, we spotted one of the many squirrels.  This little guy jumped from our roof to the neighbors magnolia tree (which I admire every spring!).  Surprisingly he sat there long enough for me to snap a few pictures of him.  I'm hoping to get pictures of the black squirrels we have here on the island.




As I mentioned before I love this magnolia tree! It blooms early April barely making it to May. I open the bathroom window and there it stands with soft pink petals that will easily glide to the ground as the wind blows.  The petals have now covered the ground and I hope the remaning petals hold tight to the branches, just for a little while longer!


April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. ~William Shakespeare

No comments: