Sunday, May 30, 2010

Long Lost Bracelet



Anyone who knows me and knows me well, has probably noticed that the above bracelet is not just another piece of jewelry I wear.  It is truly apart of me.  I bough this sterling silver cuff bracelet for $15 at an Art Show in Columbus, Ohio in 1995.  As I wondered up and down the aisles this bracelet caught my attention, I had to do a double take. I picked it up asked if I could try it on and instantly I fell in love with it.  For my small wrists it was a perfect fit.  I paid for it and happly walked away in search for my friends.  When I showed Jane, a dear friend who took me to the art show, she gasped and couldn't believe I bough her bracelet.  She also spotted it and was going to go back to get it.  There was only one and it was mine!!!

Well in 15 years this bracelet has been through it all with me.  High school, boyfriends, trips, heartbreaks, I was wearing it when I met Floyd, gave birth to Tarin and I wore it when we got married.  The stories it could tell.

Now I never "misplaced" it until about 2 years ago.  I was recovering from the flu and we were in the middle of moving.  Floyd's cousin Rob and his wife Missy came up to help us.  I had taken my bracelet off and placed it on my night stand.  Rob, thankfully placed the bracelet in a box but little did I know where that box was placed in the new house.  After a few days of looking I found it in a box out in the garage.  What a relief!  I called Missy and told her I found it.  I still can not thank them enough for helping us move! 
So I vowed never to take it off again...

Last summer Tarin and I would go to the beach and for some reason I took off my bracelet and placed it in a little bag that carried sunscreen and sunglasses for us.  Last Friday I was looking for shoes and found that bag and tucked in the side pocket was my bracelet.  I was so sure I lost the bracelet at the beach.  I won't vow to never take it off or misplace it but I will do better at placing in plane sight or with my other jewelry on my dresser!  I can't tell you how great it feels to have my bracelet hug my wrist again!!!


A woman wears her tears like jewelry. ~Author Unknown