Monday, June 21, 2010

Poultry Days


















Poultry Days in Versailles, Ohio is all about well...Poultry!  I was staying with my friend Wendi for the weekend (waiting on the arrival of Baby Liam) we decided to take our girls plus Bre along with Jason and Pete.  It was a hot, long day the girls had fun.
The Fun Slide was the favorite ride!

Averi and Tarin
Bre aka Dakota Fanning
This is the ride that almost ruined Tarin's day.  As it went around in a circle it would slow down to go up a tiny slope and speed up when it went down.  The next picture tells it all...
There was nothing I could do but stand by to watch her go round and round.  The carnie wouldn't stop the ride so she could get off.  Needless to say when it stopped she was the first one off.  As she came out the exit I got an earful about letting her ride "stupid" rides like that.  Later on she apologized for saying "stupid" it was one time I was going to let her slide on saying it.  I explained to her that I didn't realize how the ride went or I would have told her not to ride it since I know she doesn't like rides like that...
So while Averi and Bre rode the dinosaur ride, Tarin and I played a game and ventured into the hot Petting Zoo...
I was glad to see her smiling again...holding a baby chick helps.
Baby calf just laid there as people walked around him, some bending over to pet, others not even paying attention.
This puppy was all white with the black patch over it's eye.  Tarin really wanted to bring him home.
Jason and Tarin holding the bunnies.

Bre holding a baby chick.


“We can see a thousand miracles around us every day. What is more supernatural than an egg yolk turning into a chicken?” - S. Parkes Cadman