Friday, October 15, 2010

Best Friends since 5th Grade



I remember the day I met Kim on the playground.  We were inseperable from the beginning.  We spent most of our time out at her house.  I still see her Daddy sitting in his chair shaking his head and quietly giggling to himself as we sat at the kitchen table giggling and talking about boys or what we wanted to do after high school.  I can hear her mom call up the stairs "Kimberly!" or "girls you need to be quiet your daddy is sleeping!"  We would quickly giggle into a pillow.  We wasn't as close in high school and I couldn't tell you exactly why and honestly I don't even care.  I moved to Lewisburg at the end of our junior year.  And the one thing I missed the most was Kim.  We talked a few times but after graduation, as most stories go, we lost contact.  Who would have thought after years apart we could just pick right back up and I know now what I've been missing in my life...my childhood friend.  


 If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me. ~Author Unknown